Friday, October 4, 2013

Wallpaper Sample Project

   For my Interior Decorating final,we had to collect various samples and come up with a living room scheme. Because I wanted a large selection to choose from before I started my project; I started collecting samples. Now I have an over abundance of samples; especially wallpaper samples. So what to do with them all? I don't like to waste. I went to Ikea and bought frames and now my wallpapers samples are wall art in my bedroom.

What you will need to complete this project:

-Wallpaper samples (Farrow & Ball offer up to three free samples)

-Picture frames (From Ikea) 

-Hammer and nails

-Measuring tape

-Pen


   Taking my measuring tape, I measured the height I wanted the pictures frames to hang from my headboard. I also measured for the spaces that would be between each picture frame. 

 OK, the moment of truth. I believe it is no secret that I don't like Math; it has never been my strong suit. I used a combination of tape measure and eyeballing. I know my pictures are not hung perfectly, but they are as near to perfect as I could get using my method.I am satisfied. Anyways, moving on.

 When I managed to find the estimated width and height, I made a tick on the wall with my pen. Then I hammered my nails in place and hung my pictures.  




 












No comments:

Post a Comment