Monday, October 28, 2013

Next Big Step

  For the last four years I have had the wonderful opportunity to live in Sicily. I can't say that I have actually carried a full on love affair with Sicily, more like Sicily and I have developed a mutual respect for one another.With the occasional power outages (for no reason), kamikaze scooter operators, the whole "You're an idiot if you're not Italian look," beautiful architecture, and coma inducing sweets.....I find myself becoming a bit melancholy about leaving, and I wonder why this should be. 

  The time that I have been here has been transforming. When I leave Sicily (4 months and counting), I will be leaving knowing that I am not the same person I was when I arrived. I have accomplished so much learning about myself in the process. I think part of me is worried that, when I go back to the states that my slate will be wiped clean and I will be set back at zero. On the other hand I suffer from "Big Fish In Small Pond" syndrome, and I am dying to try out my newfound philosophies on life, to see where they will take me. In short I am ready for an adventure. You know a wise man once said "It's a dangerous business, going out your front door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

 So now comes the next big step in my journey. In March 2014 I will be moving to Chicago to try my hand at Interior Decorating in The Windy City. To say I am excited is an understatement, to say I am scared is also an understatement. I cannot however stay where I am. It is time for all or nothing, and I am ready to give everything to achieve all that I want out of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment