Friday, October 18, 2013

Project/Inspiration

     As a fledgling student of Interior Design, I am trying to find my own style and flare. I am continually looking for inspiration and growing my understanding of this wonderful field. My tastes and ideas right now jump from one side of the spectrum to the other; one day I could be drawing a super mod flat or the great hall of a castle (which would be fun!)

  Currently, I am on a Victorian Gothic kick; with an obvious twist of my own. I do love dark Gothic interiors, I think they are neat. Dark corners appear to hold thousands of secrets. To counterbalance that,I also like the sense of freedom from a light airy space. The style that I am working on would be strong, light, infused, Gothic. There is also a Craftsman influence; the crisp lines keep it modern. 

  My inspiration for this came from the architect Richard Coad. He played a big part in the Arts and Crafts architecture in England.


     There is still quite a bit that I need to do before I am finished with this sketch. I want to add a chandelier over the dining table. Some sort of dinner service storage on either side of the pocket doors. The back wall is solely devoted for a large picture window, from which a maze of a beautiful English Garden can be viewed.

  Something that I feel strongly about as a future Interior Designer is that the three main elements: Architecture, Landscaping and Interior Design must flow and work together. It is one of my main principles that I know I will carry with me as an Interior Designer. One day I would like to have a Masters in Interior Design, Bachelors in Architecture, and some sort of degree in Landscaping. 

  The discerning eye will know that this is just a sampler for me to practice different textures. :) At any rate this is what I have so far, I will be posting pictures of the finished product. 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment