Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rearranging My Living Room/Quilt

    I have not rearranged my living room for a whole year, which is quite an accomplishment for me (those who know me well know that I am always trying out new layouts and don't leave sit in one spot for too long). So yesterday I got the itch and off to Ikea I went. 

  When I originally designed my living room last year I purposefully choose neutral colors because I KNEW at some point; no matter how much I loved the design, I would want to change it. The only items that I replaced were the curtains, rug, and pillow covers. As you can see with just a change in the primary focus color (and a one man moving team: me) the room looks quite a bit different. I just have a bit more tweaking to do. 

  (Before)

(After)







   Now for the matter of the quilt. I had intended this quilt to go in this room. The reds match perfectly. However the more I thought about it, the more greedy I felt. I have a comfortable home,food, clothes, my health. So I have decided to donate my quilt to a charity raising awareness and research money for ALS- Lou Gehrig's disease, and my buddy Tuvan has been so kind to help me :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment