Saturday, January 12, 2013

Stairs Design Board




Layout for this house came from http://dominionqualityhomes.com/floorplans I own nothing.


(I really like the idea of texture added to the back of the stairs. The white pops against the dark finish of the stairs)

 (One of the biggest things I think a house needs is storage.I like the idea of things neatly put away. The storage cabinets would be curved to match the curve of the stairs.)

( Stairs seem to get forgotten. If designed right, they can be a  focal point in a house. Stairs are a good place to display art, as well as family memorabilia.)
(Stairs can be one of the darkest places in a home, without proper lighting; either natural or artificial. I like the use of accent-lighting to brighten up a dark staircase. I like these lights because they add a touch of whimsy to the space.)


(Make sure you check out my other design boards. Thanks for stopping by!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment