Tuesday, January 15, 2013

English Assignment: Research and Information Literacy





Research and Information Literacy

Source: Hoh, Rebecca. “Staffan Tollgard.” IDFX Magazine. April 2010. Pg. 99. Print.

How I found it: To find this article I used Google search engine.  I found the home page for Staffan Tollgard Design Group.  When I selected ‘Press’a list of articles in which Staffan Tollgard Design Group is featured showed up. My Boolean string: Staffan AND Tollgard.

Summary: Staffan Tollgard Interior Design Group began in 2005 in a small attic located in west London. Tollgard, creator of Staffan Tollgard Design Group, graduated from the Inchbald School of Design and is Swedish-born. This article discusses many things, such as Staffan Tollgard Design Group’s international Alagarve design studio. Staffan Tollgard Design Group’s new showroom upgrade and the opening of another commercial adventure Redthread.

My Proposal: This article is important to my research, because it demonstrates to the potential client that this design group is not only London-based company. Because Staffan Tollgard Design Group upgraded to a bigger studio room; it hows that they are a growing company. They are successful within  the field of interior design.

Source: Chandler, Barbara. Homes and Property. “A Designer for the London Life.” Evening Standard. March 11, 2009. Pg. 14. Print.

How I found it: To find this article I used AI Online Library. Searched under Program guides. Using ProQuest Central search engine, I typed in Staffan and Tollgard. My Boolean string: Staffan AND Tollgard.

Summary: Discussed in this article is the design style that Staffan Tollgard chose to use in his own private residence. Ten years ago, Tollgard had a background in film before he quit and decided to become an interior designer. Staffan Tollgard is a family owned interior design firm, that employs many interior designers.

My Proposal: Scandinavian and Asian are two styles that Staffan Tollgard fuses together. This is important for the client to know, because maybe this is the style or look the client is after. It lets the client see past projects completed, and gives a sense of what the client’s project may look like after it is completed. It shows the client that the designer implements his own design values into his daily life.

Source: Chandler, Barbara. Homes and Property. “Five Things to See in October.” Evening Standard. October 03, 2012. Pg. 24. Print.

How I found it: To find this article I used AI Online Library. Searched under Program guides. Using ProQuest Central search engine, I typed in Staffan and Tollgard. My Boolean string: Staffan AND Tollgard.

Summary: In October 2012, Staffan Tollgard Design Group participated in the Made in London design fair, showcasing artistic talent across London. For this event, Staffan Tollgard designed three rooms in the Nordic House. Each of the rooms displayed Scandinavian design. 

My Proposal: Why this article is important to my research is because it shows how involved Staffan Tollgard Design Group is in the community. It shows the pride they take in their work, and they take pride in the London community. Knowing this for my proposal is significant, because potential clients will want to  know how Staffan Tollgard Design Group relates, interacts, and how involved they are with the London public.

Source: “About Page”. Staffan Tollgard Design Group. n.d. Web. 12 January 2013.

How I found it: To find this article I used Google search engine.  I found the home page for Staffan Tollgard Design Group. Selected the ‘About Page’. My Boolean string: Staffan AND Tollgard.

Summary: Covered in this article is how Staffan and Tollgard started. It also discusses the finding of the DNA or the Red Thread in a project. Staffan combines both Asian and Scandinavian when developing project designs. Staffan Tollgard Design Group are members of the British Institute of Interior design. They have been mentioned in The Directory of 100 Leading Interior Designers and Andrew-Martin Interior Design Review.

My Proposal: Staffan Tollgard Design Group’s motto is the Scandinavian expression “Find the red thread.” It is the DNA or the common theme that connects, and brings it all together. Staffan and Tollgard is highly acclaimed design firm. They have won such awards as the International Design and Architecture Award 2012, International Property Award(s) 2012, The Sunday Times British Homes Award 2012, Designer Kitchen and Bathroom Award, IDFX Best Design Practice Runner-up, Designer Magazine Best Living Space 2009, Designer Magazine Best New Bathroom Designer 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment