Sunday, January 13, 2013

Intro To Design Applications: Business Card



   I have never made a business card before, so the whole process was new to me. The skills that we learned in assignment one did help me quite a bit in finishing this assignment. While doing the assignment, I had the tutorial running in the background, so I could check back to make sure I was doing steps correctly. Steps 

 I used to complete this project are as follows:
-Unzipped the assignment file.
-Opened Adobe Illustrator.
-Opened the assignment files in Adobe Illustrator.
-Opened a new Adobe Illustrator file.
-Entered the dimensions for the business card.
-Created three layers: Guide, Art, and Text.
-Put a 1/8 boarder around the business card.
-Placed the logo of my choice.
-Using the Rectangle tool I made a rectangle 0.1 in high, extending to the far 1/8th boarder.
-Selecting the text tool I clicked directly above the rectangle I made.
-I chose the text style, and resized the text using alt. The same steps were followed for placing the text in the logo.
-I added another guide in the middle of the card.
-I placed the text centered on the guide line.
-I typed my first and last name, and my degree. Entered twice and entered my address. Entered twice again and added a phone number.
-When satisfied I flattened the artwork.
-Made a jpeg and an ai file.
                 

  To complete this project it did help to follow the tutorial. Overall I really enjoyed this project, it was very informative, and I learned quite a bit.





  (original size)

 




(larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment