Monday, January 13, 2014

English Assignment Response (From When I Went to AI)

  (I can't remember if I posted this?) 

  I can’t boast, and say that I am a great writer; or that I am even seasoned in the exercise. As recently as September, I have started blogging; which has been helpful, in reigning in all the thoughts that are bouncing around in my head. I try to write something every day, or at least every other day. Still, anxiety hounds me every time I sit down to put pen to paper. I get anxious about words that I use; will the reader understand what I am trying to say? I get anxious about sharing my writing; will the reader think me ridiculous?

                
  Rome was not built in a day. The same goes with writing. In order to be a great writer, I think mistakes must be made; and critiques noted. There is no other way to learn. A little bit of anxiety is a good thing. It is only when I become complacent, that trouble arises. I can relate to Collier; when he admits to not doing something he wanted, because of fear. There are so many things I missed out on, especially in High School. I never went to prom. I was scared that I would be turned down, so I never asked anyone. I could have gone stag, and who knows I might have had a lot of fun. I’ll never now. To do what makes you anxious, is a great philosophy; it helps keep the world in perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment