Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Process Analysis Essay Prewriting

My name is Kaye Warren. I am in my mid-twenties just starting on my journey towards learning the skills and knowledge needed to for my chosen career field, Interior Design. Starting out I had very little support and many doubts, it was hard but finally I found the momentum to begin. I like to keep reminding myself that I am the captain in control of my own ship, if I sink or swim it is all up to me; combined it is a daunting and freeing prospect. Sometimes I laugh at myself for waiting this long to get started on something that I have loved my whole life. Perhaps it was because I was worried that it would seem too much like work, I feared that I would lose my inspiration for design. I was afraid that I would lose a crucial part of myself in the process, to my surprise this has not been the case; in fact going to school for something that I love has helped to encourage me even more. Mercifully for me at this moment in time I am single without a family to contend with I don't have to worry about outside distractions. I can devote as little or as much time as I want to my studies; which I elect to do the latter. See I have a game plan, a vision that keeps me determined; allowing me to balance the things I want to do and the things I must do. When I dream about my future and where I want to be a year from now, I hope to have graduated, moved to England and have started on my Bachelor's degree in Interior Design. In order to achieve this goal I really have to stay focused; doing a balancing act between all that I want and all that I have to do to get where I want. It has been difficult and arduous at times having to pick and choose between what I want to do and what has to be done. In hindsight though it has been well worth the time and effort. Every morning I am up early with coffee in hand and begin reading and studying for exams, I like to study for a couple exams at a time. Studying that much can can be quite stressful and exhausting, yet it helps me finish exams that much faster; allowing me to move on to the next step. I make sure that my schedule is organized so I know what I need to do to keep the momentum going. This is not to say that I don't believe in having any fun; I think a mixture of the two is one of the keys to success. When I feel like I am getting in over my head and my frustration levels seem to be mounting, I stop and take a deep breath and try to remember the big picture. To relax in between studying I like to listen to music, watch movies, draw, crochet,write and go out with friends;it seems to fill my reserves and allows me to continue.
Learning can be scary. At twenty-three, standing on the precipice of knowledge I found learning overwhelming, yet despite all my fears I plunged into the great unknown. I never would have considered giving self study a thought because all throughout high school I was a procrastinator. If there was a deadline, I would hand in my assignment just before or well after it was due. I did not like the environment or the curriculum, I just could never get into school. So I put off going back to school with the assumption that going to attending online was not for me. As a prior military spouse the thought of going back to school daunted me even further because I moved around every few years. As per usual, I always ended up getting comfortable and had to move once more. I don't really know the catalyst that caused me to open up my eyes allowing me to finally see and have an Oprah “Ah Ha! Moment”. Maybe it was seeing friends and family accomplishing life goals, which caused me to examine what was going on in my life at that moment which not much at all. I found a desire and yearning to move forth into the world to find my place, contributing as much of myself as possible to a dream. The first step was hard and even harder was sticking to a plan. After many rough starts I have found it gets easier to put one foot in front of the other, keeping my eyes fixed firmly ahead and focused.When I wake up every morning I have a cup of coffee before reading and studying. I keep an organizer and follow a schedule to complete exams and assignments as efficiently as possible. I make sure to get as much sleep and exercise as I can in order to stay healthy. There are times that frustrations reach a boiling point; when that happens I take a step back and look at the whole picture. I take a break and listen to music, watch movies, read, crochet, quilt, draw or hang out with friends. Sometimes I go for a walk just to clear my mind, I always come back to my studies when I am in a more relaxed frame of mind. 

1 comment:

  1. Wanted an experienced professional to edit you application essay or a text? Here is paper writing service http://www.essayhelp24.com. Get a more than 500 words for essay!

    ReplyDelete